Tuesday, August 22, 2023

What would you like to be if or when you reincarnate?

Have you ever thought what would you like to be if or when you reincarnate? Sometimes I fantasize about it.

Nysa Library building

For example, I’d like to be a nymph in Nysa and live in a tree trunk. I’d like to soar above the olive trees and breath the fresh mountain breeze every morning. I’d like to play with fellow nymphs, lay on the grass and gaze the blue sky, or rest under the shade of the olive trees in hot summer days. I’d like raise baby Dionysos with other nymphs. I’d like to play hide and seek in the amphitheater, race tirelessly through the bridges and the mountain tops of Nysa. 


Antonines Fountain, Sagalassos


I’d like to be the water in Sagalassos. I’d like to descend to the earth as a snowflake in late fall, melting upon the ground, to join an underground stream only to re-surface once more.  I’d like to be  the morning dew in a summer morning,  reflecting the sun with all my being, to evaporate into the sky and return as rain. I’d like to flow lazily in hot summer days in the ancient river and cascade down in winter, but no matter what, I’d like to end up in Antonines fountain. 

Troya Ancient City


I’d like to be the wind in Troya. Not any kind of wind, the southernly wind that comes only a short period during summer. I’d like to be desperately longed for. When I come, I’d like to sweep through and through. I’d like to fill the sails northbound, tousling the hair of the mermaids, prompting mothers gather their kids close. I’d like to shift the clouds to the north so that when sailors catch the sight of me they hasten to their ships and start rowing towards North. 


Despite these fantasies, I know what I will be… I will to be the one that water can not wet, wind can not dry, fire can not burn. 


I will to be in this timeless time and spaceless space. There will be nothing to call an “I” but lack of a better word. There will be no body, no mind and no memory that I once had a body and a mind.  I will be weightless, not only physically but also mentally. Not only that there will be any thoughts, but also an incredible freedom of not having a mental presence, not even the slightest shadow of it, or even a single memory that a presence once was there. It will be as if none of this ever existed, as if this 14 billion years of existence was only a dream, but not even remembered. Only weightless freedom and presence of the “now”. There will only be an awareness of that freedom and the unfathomable peace that comes with it.


I’ll take the truth over any fantasy!


* This article is inspired by an NDE experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment